Posted on 28 January 2014.
The DSWD Field Office VI highlighted the celebration of the agency’s 63rd founding anniversary by recognizing the effort of people who helped the victims of calamities that recently hit the region.
With the theme “Kaagapay sa Pagbangon at Bagong Simula,” more than a hundred–representing individuals, companies and institutions–were honoured during the celebration. DSWD employees who have rendered more than 10 years of service were also given recognition.
Meanwhile, Iloilo City Mayor Jed Patrick Mabilog, in his inspirational message, said at the height of the relief operations for Typhoon Yolanda-affected families, a lot of criticisms were thrown against the government but the “DSWD maintained its integrity.”
The mayor stressed he is confident the city can achieve its goals in improving lives of less fortunate communities because there is DSWD that is always willing to work with them.
During the anniversary celebration, Iloilo City government received a special award for its exemplary implementation of the Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program. It was chosen as regional winner as best implementer of the program while Iloilo City Social Welfare and Development Officer Alfredo Villanueva was given another recognition as the focal person of Pantawid Pamilya in Iloilo City. Other partners in the implementation of the program were likewise given award, namely:
• Rolando Doroteo of Abante Aklan, Inc, Abante Aklan, Inc., SOS Children’s Village, Kalipay Negrense, Good Shepherds, Signpost International were recognized for their significant contribution in the implementation of Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program;
• Recognized for helping out in the relief operations for typhoon Yolanda victims were Department of Agriculture Regional Office 6, Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources 6, F. Gurrea Construction, Inc., Lopez Engineering and General Services, Metalworking Industry Association of the Philippines, Iloilo Chapter, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Jesus Living Gospel Church, Police Regional Office 6, Adventist Community Services, Philippine Army 3rd ID, Philippine Air Force, Naval Force Reserve Western Visayas – Philippine Navy, Commission on Audit 6, Department of Labor and Employment 6, Department of Public Works and Highways 6, Iloilo City Social Welfare and Development Office, Bureau of Fire Protection, Iloilo Doctors College, John B. Lacson Colleges Foundation, Inc., Iloilo City National High School, Colegio del Sagrado Corazon de Jesus, Central Philippine University, University of San Agustin – Iloilo, St. Paul University – Iloilo Alumnae, SPED-ISEC, Sto. Domingo Elementary School, University of Iloilo – Phinma, Colegio de las Hijas de Jesus, St. Therese MTC – Criminology Department, SM City Mall, Lambuyao II SKA, Lambunyao SKA and Blue Angels;
Ms. Rosario A. Sanagustin, Social Welfare Officer V (second from right), received the Loyalty Award for serving the agency for 35 years. With her are Lucita Villanueva (leftmost), chief of the Policy and Plans Division, Assistant Regional Director for Administration Evangeline Felecio (rightmost) and Director Restituto B. Macuto of the Disaster Risk Reduction and Response Operations Central Office (second from left)./dswd6
• Supportive media partners in program and projects implementation were Philippine Information Agency, Philippine News Agency, Panay News, Hublas nga Kamatuoran, The Daily Guardian, The Visayan Daily Headlines, News Express, Iloilo Metropolitan Times, USA Publications, Balita Halin sa Kapitolyo, DyFM Bombo Radyo Iloilo, DyRI RMN Iloilo, DySI Super Radyo, DyOK Aksyon Radyo, DyKA Radyo Todo – Antique, DyWB Bombo Radyo – Bacolod, DyVR RMN – Roxas, UN Tv, IBC TV 12, Cable Star, Inc., GMA TV 6, ABS-CBN, CPU TV Channel, Loud TV, Negros Daily Bulletin, Visayan Daily Star, Lilibeth French, Lydia Pendon;
• Partners in the implementation of the Sustainable Livelihood Program like KRYZ Culinary Arts and Restaurant Services Institute and the Western Visayas College of Science and Techonology also received certificates of recognition.
• The Antique Province was also recognized for being recognized in the national level as one of the best implementers of youth-oriented programs;
• Local government units and communities which were awarded their best implementation of the Kalahi-CIDSS were Sibunag, Guimaras, New Washington and Tangalan in Aklan, Barangay Omlot, Laua-an, Antique, Barangay Sub-Project Management Council (BSPMC) of Maabay, Sibunag, Guimaras, BSPMC of Baybay, Tangalan, Aklan, Province of Iloilo, and Barangay Balanac, Janiuay, Iloilo;
• For helping the client in the agency-run centers and institutions were Belen Huyo,
US Peace Corps volunteer Tamorah Hawthorne, Fr. Ronilo Datu, Ateneo de Iloilo, Pastor James Tillado, Technical Education Skills Development Authority, Guimaras State College, Bureau of Fire Protection – Guimaras, Nueva Valencia National Comprehensive High School and Judge Ma. Elena Opinion;
• For helping in the capability building activities, Social Work Department of Central Philippine University, Community Extension Services – University of San Agustin, Lazaro G. Petinglay of Antique Provincial Social Welfare and Development Office, Mary Joy Ayupan, Child Fund Incorporated, Rosanna Alfaras, Krizna Joy Belencion, Ma. Azucena Arroyo, Renie Masongsong, Febi Ibojos, Janeta delos Santos, Sharon Pudadera, and Andres Ortega;
• Given certificates of accreditation were Melin Gerona, Corazon Cabrera, Nestor Casuncad, Norie Alianza, Bacolod Girls Home Foundation, Inc., Iloilo Children Welfare Foundation, Inc., SCC of San Jose de Buenavista, Kapisanan ng mga Matatandang Mamamayan ng San Jose de Buenavista, Bago City SCC, Crisis Center for Women and Children and Model SCC of Roxas City;
• Antique SWAD Team leader Luna Moscoso received the Personnel Rewards Incentive for Service Excellence award for showing good leadership skills and performing her job well;
• Employees given loyalty awards were Milagros Brillantes, Mario Palermo, Felix Panaguiton, Rosario A. Sanagustin, Diana Alcantara, Ma. Lourdes G. Geganzo, Jasmenia Jamero, Rogelia Marmolejo, Meddy Banas, Mary Ann Masculino, Emelda Melancio, Genia Muralla, Fredylin Saclote, Sheila Marie Albor, Diwata Carmona, Haida Doligosa, Argie Garbo, Serlyn Ysulat and Ma. Fe Gallo./dswd6/Wenna Berondo-Bendol