DSWD6 honors employees, partners in anniv rites
THE DSWD6 yesterday honored its partners and employees in the highlight of its anniversary celebration.
Director Marita Pimentel of the DSWD Central Office represented Secretary Judy Taguiwalo who reminded employees of the core values of the department: paglilingkod na may malasakit, serbisyong walang puwang na katiwalian at pantay na pagtrato sa mamamayan.”
The event carried the theme, “DSWD@66: Sama-samang Paglilingkod na may Malasakit.”
Among the recognitions given include loyalty award to Roqueta Acquio, Lilymor Caballero, Corazon Cabrera, Mary Joy Gemarino, Nanette Samoro, Jun Tercena, Judith Barredo, Lunie Lasquite, Bernardita Mates, Fernando Alabado, Geralyn Flores, Marlyn Porras, Haidee Sune, Elmo Blanco, Anacita Genovate, Perla Haro and Leopoldo Vido.
Supportive media groups were also recognized. These were Radyo ng Bayan, Iloilo Provincial Capitol Press Corps, Iloilo City Hall Pres Corps, Philippines News Agency-Antique, Philippines News Agency-Iloilo, ABS-CBN, dySI, Aksyon Radyo, The Daily Guardian, Philippine Information Agency Region VI, Iloilo Metropolitan Times, IBC TV 12, Capiz Times, News Express, Panay News, Bombo Radyo and RMN iloilo.
Also, individual media reporters who are supportive to DSWD advocacies were given awards. They were Glenda Sologastoa and Tara Katherine Yap for print (first and second place); Joel Franco and Rhodjaen Losbanes for broadcast (first and second), Vincent Adam Arboleda for TV and Marie Katherine Villalon as best bloger.
Rosalina Lorque of Home for Girls received the Gawad Huwaran, an award given to a DSWD employee who renders extraordinary work performance; while Mary An Dap-og received the Gawad Kalihim, an award given to a DSWD employee as a source of inspiration and motivation for other employees to emulate..
Offices were also commended namely the DSWD Crisis Intervention Unit, Disaster Management Unit, and Social Marketing Unit under the Gawad para sa Maagap at Mapagkalingang Serbisyo.
The following were also given under the Gawad sa Paglilingkod sa Sambayanan:
• Gawad para sa Makabagong Teknolohiyang Panlipunan-Persons with Disability Affairs Office of Iloilo Province
• Model Local Government Unit (LGU) in day care service –Concepcion, Iloilo
• Model LGU implementing Kalahi-Sibunag, Guimaras
• Model LGU implementing Protective Services-Mina, Iloilo
• Model LGU implementing Sustainable Livelihood Program (SLP) along micro-enterprise development-Lambunao, Iloilo
• Model LGU implementing Sustainable Livelihood Program (SLP) along employment facilitation-Calinog, Iloilo
• Model LGU supporting Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program-Iloilo Province
• Best People’s Organization- Federation of Senior Citizens Association of the Philippines – Iloilo City Chapter
• Best Development Partner-United States Peace Corps
• Best Individual Volunteer-Julie Taniongon of Bugasong, Antique
• Best Group volunteer- Sibunag Women’s Association
• Best Civil Society Organization-National Chaplaincy Philippines (NACPHIL) Region 6
• Best Non-Government Organization-Signpost Philippines, Incorporated
Another award extended was the Bangon Kabuhayan award given to Bagtason Livelihood Association in Bugasong, Antique and Iloilo Security Training Center.
The province of Iloilo also received a certificate for being the Fully Functional Provincial Social Welfare and Development Office.
The DSWD also recognized through the Salamat Po award the contribution of Josh Cesar Serilo, Child representative of the National Anti-Poverty Commission, Atty. Ma. Elena Hofilena-Gerochi of the Department of Justice and Christopher Montano of Commission on Human Rights in strengthening inter-agency partnership and advancing sectoral concerns.
Convergence Buider awards were also received by Jomar Fred Lingaya of Buruanga, Ronjel Delfin of Ibajay, Anere Calamcaman of Libacao, Archie Kent Porquez of Madalag, Ann Ruby Wong of Buruanga, all in Aklan; Mark Joenel Castillo of Patnongon, Noli Valenzuela of Sibalom, Aren Dabauden of Ivisan, Ricky Parcon of Jamindan, Ma. Hershey Baleriado of Panitan, Daisy Blue Danao of President Roxas, Jessarel Sabido of Roxas City, Margaret Dawn Magallanes of Sigma, Juliet Demo of Tapaz, all of Capiz; Mary Joy Bartonico of Buena Vista, Rachelda Hongco of Jordan, Margielyn Cagayanan of San Lorenzo and Reyky Pelonia of Sibunag, all in Guimaras.
Also present were regional director Rebecca Geamala, assistant regional director for operations Delia Villa Bagolcol, assistant regional director for administration Evangeline Felecio, chief administrative officer Leo Quintilla and Protective Services head Rosario Sanagustin./dswd6/May Rago-Castillo